With 2015 already underway hopefully you’re planning some awesome adventures for the year and getting your hit of wanderlust and ideas via my blog, Facebook and Instagram feeds, but there are also heaps of other travel bloggers out there – covering all kinds of adventures and countries.

But in the wide world of the internet it can be difficult to figure out some fresh new faces to follow, so how do you find them?!

I thought I’d help you out a bit so here’s my top 10 travel bloggers to follow in 2015…in no particular order might I add!

trish ps i'm on my way travel blog 2015 blogger

1) PS I’m On My Way – Trisha is from the Philippines (which is how I stumbled across her blog as I’m out there at the moment!) although she’s currently travelling around South America and if you’re heading that way she has some great advice and stories. She’s not bad with a camera either!

Facebook   Instagram

caz craig makepeace ytravel blog 2015 top travel blogger

2) Y Travel Blog – always a firm favourite of mine Caz and Craig have one of Australias top blogs…in fact it’s probably one of the worlds most popular too! They’ve been on the road for years, with 2 kids in tow and share everything from how they make money and how to homeschool on the road through to their best beaches in Australia and even getting invited to the White House!

Facebook   Instagram

lauren the wandering orange blog 2015 top travel blogger

3) The Wandering Orange  – I only recently discovered this blog but Im already hooked! Lauren shares her travels in a really unique way – by using her artistic talents and creating mini comic strips about her journey! Be careful though, you’ll get sucked into her site for hours!

Facebook   Instagram

alicia drewnicki alicia explores blog 2015 top travel blogger

4) Alicia Exploresthe lovely Alicia recently launched her new blog (I got dragged into helping out with sounds clips and beta testing!haha!) and shares a mixture of travel, romance and the unusual. She’s a TV presenter by trade so expect loads of awesome travel videos and guides too. Having just returned from a trip to Japan I’m stoked to see what the rest of 2015 holds for her.

Facebook   Instagram

matt gibson pat matt blog 2015 top travel blogger

5) Xpat Matt – Matts site is crammed full of awesome travel interviews, photo essays, travel hacks and tips – seriously there’s heaps of stuff to get lost in on this site so don’t click on it unless you’re prepared to loose a couple of hours!

Facebook   Instagram

macca brianna brit and a broad blog 2015 top travel blogger

6) A Brit And A Broad – this video blog by Macca and Brianna (alongside their director of photography Brian) is packed full of beautiful videos, images and all round travel goodness – in fact I think its probably one of the bits curated blogs out there at the moment *high five guys*. They cover all sorts of stuff too, from food to diving and even tips on how to blog yourself. Definitely one of my favourites!

Facebook

beck enright borders of adventure blog 2015 top travel blogger

7) Borders Of Adventure – formally know as Backpacker Becki, Miss Enright has just relaunched her blog and it looks rather swish…I’m a bit jealous! She bounces all over the place and gets really off the beaten track (although for me that means anywhere away from the beach!) so there’s some great alternative travel ideas in there and some sound advice too. She’s moving to Greece in the coming months so expect heap of Euro goodness.

Facebook   Instagram

jaime breakaway backpacker blog 2015 top travel blogger

8) Breakaway Backpacker – I’m pretty sure this blog has made my top 10 for the last 3 years running. Jaime is a freaking legend! He chats about hand jobs on buses, underground sex clubs in Germany and is basically has no taboos in his travel blog – so be careful reading it at work! I was super excited when I heard he was heading off on his latest trip at the beginning of the year and he’s got some epic plans for South America over 2015 so he’s definitely on to follow!

Facebook   Instagram

open world magazine travel blog 2015 top travel blogger

9) Open World Mag – ok so I’ve slightly cheated with number 9 as it’s more of an online travel mag than a traditional travel blog! Still it’s a solid read and there’s lots of intriguing interview and lifestyle advice to trawl through. I’ve no doubt that it will lead to you finding even more epic travel blogs to follows too…although I may have a slight bias as I’ve ben featured on there a few times!

Facebook

the inertia surf lifestyle blog 2015 top travel blogger

10) – The Inertia – This is easily the blog that I read the most of and shock horror yes it’s a surf blog! In fact it’s bigger than a surf blog, it’s THE surf blog! Basically a communal blog where surfers, writer and photographers from all around the globe can share stories, art and images from surfing and the world at large. If you’re into surfing you’ll love it. If you’re not into surfing it’s still worth checking out!

Facebook   Instagram

Any blogs you’d add to the list – share them in the comments!

Looking for more travel blogs to follow?

My Top 10 Travel Bloggers To Follow In 2014

My Top 10 Travel Bloggers To Follow In 2016

Related Posts

    • Chris

      Glad it helped you find some new stuff Ed!
      I’m hoping people decide to read my blog if they find that post via elsewhere anyway ;)

    • Chris

      Glad I helped you find some new ones Emma! Yeah the comics are ace hey?!

      …thanks for the heads up on the typo, all amended!

    • Chris

      No worries Caz, love following your adventures!
      Fingers crossed we can grab a beer in Oz this year!

    • Chris

      hahaha no worries bro – loving your Instagram feed heaps lately! Stoked to see how your year pans out…go cause some chaos!

  1. Macca

    Thanks for mentioning us dude; we really appreciate it.

    Also, it’s great to see some other blogs to follow – I really like Lauren’s and Alicia’s work; there stuff is awesome.

    Great post as ever Chris and we’ll make sure we share it!
    Macca recently posted..Stop and Go in GuatemalaMy Profile

  2. Kimberly

    Lol if you haven’t noticed I am totally creeping on your blog since I just discovered it and I don’t find too many surf and travel blogs. I look at inertia daily love it almost over Surfline at this point. Stoked to see so many posts on things we want to do when we are over in New Zealand, thanks for the reads! BTW check out our new start up blog on prepping to sell all of our stuff and move to NZ http://www.surfseayouandme.com
    Kimberly recently posted..Sorry Time Warner Cable, it’s me not youMy Profile

    • Chris

      hahahaha no worries Kim – creep away! The inertia is my favourite blog, in fact it’s one of the few online blogs I actually read anymore! I’ll have to check your blog out!

    • Chris

      Hey Graham – glad I helped you discover some new blogs! I’ll check out yours in a mo!

  3. Zascha

    Brilliant. Was just searching for new travel blogs to get hooked on and I came to the right place! :)

    • Chris

      Loving your photos Taylor – epic work! How’s life in the air treating you?

  4. Tania

    Oh no. You are feeding my already out of hand travel blog addiction. I don’t know whether to thank you or throw things in your general direction. :)

  5. Skyler

    Really like your site and enjoy these awesome travel blogs you listed. We have our own that we started back in January called http://www.faurandsky.com. It’s all about our 8-month around the world trek. Check it out and let us know what you think. Safe travels, all!

    • Chris

      Cheers for sharing guys – I’ve just checked it out…really good job! I’m going to share it on my Epic Gap Year FB page later :)

    • Chris

      No worries Lauren, I’m enjoying following your journey! When you back in Oz?

  6. Khweza

    This is such a wonderful list, thanks! :) Have you backpacked to Africa or do you plan to? It is a wonderful place and we’d love to have you here. A safari would be something you will love and remember forever. Think about it, enjoy your travels! :)

    • Chris

      Hey Khweza,
      Glad you like the list!
      I spent a bit of time in Africa over the last few years – I was out surf coaching in Morocco for a season and then headed to South Africa on another surf trip from Cape Town to J’bay too after a safari in Kruger! Such an amazing country and I’d love to go back sometime!

      • Khweza

        Chris, next time in Africa, please come to Kenya. We have lots of excursions that could enjoy. Plus they say we are very friendly :) you will love it here.

      • Chris

        I’ll keep that in mind Khweza, would love to head back to Africa again soon!

    • Chris

      Stoked to help you discover some new blogs Collin and I look forward to following your site…maybe you’ll make the 2016 list!

    • Chris

      Hey Ann, decided to keep it to 10 but I’m putting together some new names for the 2016 list…any suggestions?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge