Yesterday marked another big milestone in my year down under – the halfway mark of my 12 month working holiday visa.
And an occasion like that deserves a bit of a party!
So yesterday entailed muchos home made beer drinking with a dude I met on the campsite, followed by a meal at Cheeky Monkeys, then rounded off by muchos drinking with Kez, Nick and a load of randoms we picked up along the way…!
….I’m paying for it today though!
Looking back on the last 6 months I’ve done so much and met so many cool people, here’s a brief summary of what I’ve been up too;
- Dived the reef and got PADI certified
- Partied hard in Cairns
- Campervanned the West Coast, from Margaret River to Darwin
- Spent Xmas and NY in Sydney
- Visited old friends in Melbourne
- Done the Great Ocean Road
- Bought a campervan
- Headed up the East Coast
- Surfed muchos
- Watched the Quikky Pro
- Chilled at Noosa Longboard Festival
- Sampled the Ozzie music scene at Bluesfest
- ….and a shed load more!
Looking back on it all gets me stoked for the treats the final half of my travels will deliver!
Here’s to Oz *cheers*