This week I’ve been missing the surf heaps – so I was stoked when the guys over at Hostelbookers asked for some advice on learning to surf for a post to go alongside their December competition – to give someone a bit of Aussie surf. Needless to say I was more than happy to pass on the stoke, so check out my guide to learning to surf.
And obviously I encourage anyone who gets the opportunity to get in the water to do so – and what better way to do it than for free?!
WIN a private group surfing course or stand up paddle lesson for four people – valued at over A$260!
SECOND PRIZE: An Airwalk bodyboard worth over A$40 from Amazon.
Surfing in Australia is the national sport and as the birthplace of Quiksilver, Billabong and Rip Curl there’s no better place to learn how to navigate the waves.
HostelBookers are offering you the chance to join the Australia elite and hit the waves at either Woorim Beach, Bribie Island (just north of Brisbane) or on the Sunshine Coast with SCSurfSchools.
You’ll get a 1½ hour lesson in your choice of location with all the equipment you need. This includes boards, wetsuits, rashies and sunscreen. All you need to bring is your own water, drinks, towel and swimwear to wear underneath.
- Tweet a picture of your best surfing pose to @hostelbookers + @SCSurfschools using the hashtag #surfsup. Twitpic is an easy way to do this.
- No surf board needed for entry, just your imagination.
- Our favourite pose will win the prize. And our second favourite will win the bodyboard.
- We’ll announce the winners on Twitter on Monday 19 December.
- The winner then has one year to use the surf course and we’ll send you the bodyboard asap!
Remember, you can book a wide range of cheap accommodation with HostelBookers. They have cheap accommodation in Australia from Cheap hotels in Sydney to Party hostels in Cairns.