Photo of The Week – 11.04.11

“Moroccan Whiskey”

If you ever travel to Morocco you’ll quickly find out that the staple drink of choice – whatever the time of day or weather – is Moroccan Whiskey…aka mint tea. This sugary hot drink is highly addictive and was the cornerstone of my recent trip! I love the stuff. It’s also dirt cheap (less than 70p a pot from a local cafe) and is used as an afternoon tipple, after food beverage or as a greeting drink from your host. Made with fresh mint and green tea it’s also pretty healthy…minus the heaps of sugar!