• Menu

Hollywood Here I Come…!

So the job hunting here in Byron is a bit of an obstacle course.

Jobs here are either for locals only or heavily contested.

I narrowly missed out on a driving job for a local nightclub – simply due to miscommunication between the manager and staff. Safe to say I was pretty gutted!

While wondering down the main street with some CV’s in tow I noticed a flyer for a production assistant and art director on an indie movie. $50 a day.

$50 aint much, but its better than nothing – and with my photography experience I thought I might be able to deal with the art directing side of things – it was worth a shot anyway.

When I rang the guy (Andreas) there was bad news; the roles had been filled.

However he was in need of some British backpackers to work as extras in the film for 3 days, and whats more the pay was the same.

I promptly arranged a meeting and within 15 mins me, Kez and Katie all had roles in a German indie movie – with at least 3 days work…STOKED!

So in a bizarre turn of events my travelling is now incorporating my acting debut.

This could be interesting….