News

Wine Tasting Faux Pas – 4 Etiquette Tips To Get The Best From Your Tasting

It might be because I’m getting a bit older, or maybe a bit more refined – but I’ve started getting a taste for a good wine tour on my travels! From South Africa to Australia – there are many destinations. across the world where you can mix adventure with a good bit of sophisticated culture! …

Read More about Wine Tasting Faux Pas – 4 Etiquette Tips To Get The Best From Your Tasting

Why Thailand Is The Best Place To Start Your Travels In South East Asia

Thailand can be heaven on earth and the country has a way of enchanting its many visitors from all walks of life every year, backpackers and luxury tourists alike. The gorgeous islands, the staggeringly beautiful coastline, the lush jungle interior and the history and culture means that this vibrant Southeast Asian country offers many once-in-a-lifetime …

Read More about Why Thailand Is The Best Place To Start Your Travels In South East Asia

4 Awesome European Summer Destinations For 2017

2016 has gone by in a flash, and it’s hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner already. The cold nights and dark mornings have crept upon us all of a sudden and you’re probably dreaming about your next summer getaway. Choosing where you want to go can often be a conundrum but we’ve …

Read More about 4 Awesome European Summer Destinations For 2017

7 Amazing Places To Add To Your Italian Bucket List

Italy is without a doubt one of Europes top travel destinations. Packed full of culture, history and amazing food there’s no wonder that thousands of backpackers and travellers head over for some Italian hospitality. So here are a few spots to add to your itinerary and make the most of what Italy has to offer..   Sorrento  …

Read More about 7 Amazing Places To Add To Your Italian Bucket List

How to Travel Safely While Backpacking

Contrary to some popular opinion and the many myths of backpacking out there, backpacking is really not all that dangerous. That said, there are a few things that you should keep in mind while traveling to minimize any risks.   Copy That It’s always a good practice to keep digital copies of all of your …

Read More about How to Travel Safely While Backpacking

The Best Mobile Apps For Travellers

Here at Backpacker Banter we love merging our travel and our technology! Whether it’s capturing our adventures on a TomTom Bandit, blogging it via our MacBooks or testing out heaps of travel gadgets there’s heaps of tech out there to help make your travels that little bit easier. And since more and more backpackers are …

Read More about The Best Mobile Apps For Travellers

Some Essentials To Prepare Before Heading Off On Your Travels

Heading off on a backpacker adventure can be a daunting thing, there’s lots to prepare and plan. Some bits are heaps of fun like deciding where to go and what to do, but there’s also some stuff which quite frankly is pretty boring…but it’s also essential so that you aren’t stressed an your prepared incase …

Read More about Some Essentials To Prepare Before Heading Off On Your Travels

Flight Cancellations – What Can You Do?!

There’s a few key things that can really mess up your travel plans, stuff every backpacker wants to avoid, but things that if you’ve planned for in advance can be heaps less hassle. I’m talking about thing like sorting travel insurance so if you get injured you aren’t struggling to find thousands of dollars to …

Read More about Flight Cancellations – What Can You Do?!

Costa Rica – One Of Yet To Visit My Bucket List Travel Destinations!

Having spent the last few years on the road I’ve travelled a fair bit and have ticked off a whole heaps of destinations that were on my travel bucket list. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you’ll know that for me the ideal travel destination has a good mixture of beach vibes, …

Read More about Costa Rica – One Of Yet To Visit My Bucket List Travel Destinations!