General Banter

My Long Term Backpacking Challenge – Hand Luggage Only?!

I often get asked by readers what I keep in my rucksack. It’s something I’ve written about a few times but recently I’ve made some rather big changes to both the way I travel and what I travel with. One of the biggest things I’ve done in the last year – and something I’ve actually …

Read More about My Long Term Backpacking Challenge – Hand Luggage Only?!

The Next Adventure; My Thoughts And Feelings On Hitting The Road Again

It seems only yesterday that I was sat in Zurich airport with my stomach doing flips as I boarded my Easyjet flight. It was the most nervous I’d been in a long while. I was returning home after 18 months solidly bouncing around the globe. It was a weird experience coming back to my house …

Read More about The Next Adventure; My Thoughts And Feelings On Hitting The Road Again

Returning Home After 18 months Of Travel – Adjusting and What Its Taught Me

After 18 months solidly on the road, spanning 12 countries and too many bottles of beer on the beach I returned home 2 weeks ago for a brief UK pitstop – attending  the TBEX Travel conference, getting some solid work done and catching up with friends and family. But what is it like returning home …

Read More about Returning Home After 18 months Of Travel – Adjusting and What Its Taught Me

4 Things I Miss About Backpacking Asia…And 4 I Don’t!

I bounced back from the lovely land of Asia to surprise my family and friends in the UK and I’ve now been back nearly 2 weeks, 2 weeks of adjusting to life back in Devon, catching up with people and causing some chaos at the TBEX event in Dublin. After 18months on the road I’ve …

Read More about 4 Things I Miss About Backpacking Asia…And 4 I Don’t!

So What The Hell Happens At A TBEX Travel Blogger Conference?!

You might have noticed on my social media over the last week that I’ve been mingling with a lot of fellow travel bloggers – and there’s been heavy useage of the hashtag #TBEX – this has been because I travelled to Dublin for the annual European instalment of the Travel Blog Exchange…or in a world …

Read More about So What The Hell Happens At A TBEX Travel Blogger Conference?!

20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About My Travels

Through this blog you’ve probably learnt alot about me (if you’ve just found yourself on the site check out the about me and start here page as well), how I travel and generally who the hell I am – but I’m sure there’s still some info I’m holding back! And since travel is the main …

Read More about 20 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About My Travels

Comfort v Cash – My Backpacker Struggle With Overland Travel

I’ve been moaning a lot recently over on twitter and to my unfortunate travel buddies about the amount of arduous overland journeys I’ve been taking in the last few months – specifically when it comes to my time backpacking in South East Asia. The more I travel the less I enjoy the whole overland travel …

Read More about Comfort v Cash – My Backpacker Struggle With Overland Travel

Why I Suggest You Never Stay At Chil-Axn Hostel in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

I’ve been blogging for the best part of 4 years now – under a number of different sites – and last Friday I had a first. I received my first negative blog comment. Now over the last year I’ve noticed a lot more interaction on the site – heaps of new fans, some great feedback …

Read More about Why I Suggest You Never Stay At Chil-Axn Hostel in Sihanoukville, Cambodia

The Truth About Being A Solo Backpacker

I’ve pretty much done all my backpacker travel solo, or at least started out travelling solo – it’s not something that phases me and I’m totally stoked to spend time on that road that way. But it’s something that has a bit of a stigma attached to it though, something that people use to label …

Read More about The Truth About Being A Solo Backpacker

Tuk Tuks, Chaos And Street Food – Readjusting to Life Backpacking In Asia!

Having spent the last 3 months backpacking through New Zealand and Australia it was easy to slip back into the way of life backpacking in English speaking, western countries – with modern amenities and no language barriers to contend with it was simple to become complacent and enjoy what I’d consider to be easy places …

Read More about Tuk Tuks, Chaos And Street Food – Readjusting to Life Backpacking In Asia!

Is It Possible To Travel Too Much?!

I’ve been backpacking around for quite a while now and lately I’ve started to get the feeling that I’m not appreciating everything as much as  I should be. It’s only been a few month back on the road after Morocco so I’m not suffering from backpacker burn out yet…so it’s got me thinking – have …

Read More about Is It Possible To Travel Too Much?!