Advice

HOSTEL REVIEW – The Cabanas – Montanita, Ecuador

Montanita is the surfing and party centre of the Ecuadorian coastline. It’s an amazing place to enjoy word class waves during the day and uber strong cocktails at night…a mecca for backpackers, surfers and general beach lovers alike. I’ve been fortunate enough to spend nearly 3 months living here and it’s been epic to say …

Read More about HOSTEL REVIEW – The Cabanas – Montanita, Ecuador

HOSTEL REVIEW – Picanteria El Paso – Ayampe, Ecuador

After two and a half weeks of basically non-stop fiesta in Montañita (with a side of Spanish Classes), I needed to find a recovery zone that was quiet, completely devoid of crowds, and with some good surf to boot. Ayampe fit the bill perfectly, and the Picanteria El Paso was exactly the hostel I was …

Read More about HOSTEL REVIEW – Picanteria El Paso – Ayampe, Ecuador

HOSTEL REVIEW – HQ Hostel, Bangkok (inc Promo Code!)

Every so often I stay in an absolute gem of a hostel on my travels, and Thailand was no exception. Having rocked up in Bangkok at stupid o’clock with my buddy Audrey we bundled ourselves into an expectedly over priced taxi and headed to Silom to check into HQ Hostel. Now HQ were epic from …

Read More about HOSTEL REVIEW – HQ Hostel, Bangkok (inc Promo Code!)

A Year at STA Travel…

After coming back from my year in Australia I returned home to a rubbish economy, missing the backpacker bubble and with no job. I decided that instead of resigning myself to a menial job that would offer little in the way of stimulation and prospects I was going to turn my passions into money! Luckily …

Read More about A Year at STA Travel…

Scuba Diving On Koh Tao (Inc Promo Code!)

Having completed my PADI Open water and advanced qualification in a liveaboard during my first few weeks in Australia I kind of neglected the sport somewhat for the rest of my stay. Despite living in Byron bay for 6months with the national marine park of Julian rocks on my doorstep I never got round to …

Read More about Scuba Diving On Koh Tao (Inc Promo Code!)

Travel Relationships and Friendships – A Unique and Intense Experience

Backpacking travel is a very unique and amazing experience. It’s something that distinctively changes your perception on the world, the need to explore and most significantly the way you interact with people as a whole. For me travel presents a great opportunity to meet a whole heap of new faces, faces whose backgrounds, viewpoints and …

Read More about Travel Relationships and Friendships – A Unique and Intense Experience

HOSTEL REVIEW – Phangan Beach Resort (inc Promo Code!)

Koh Phangan is the famed venue for the Full Moon at Haad Rin and that’s pretty much my sole reason for heading there on my trip to Thailand. And my home for the 3 nights I was there was Phangan Beach Resort. PBR isn’t in Haad Rin itself – something I was keen to avoid …

Read More about HOSTEL REVIEW – Phangan Beach Resort (inc Promo Code!)

My 25 Litre Backpack Challenge – The Verdict!

A few weeks ago I made the seemingly rash decision to travel Thailand on a 25litre rucksack. Literally nothing but. Camera gear, clothes, everything in a day sack! My mother thought I was nuts, as did my colleagues at work – but was this a stroke of deluded genius or simply an epic fail waiting …

Read More about My 25 Litre Backpack Challenge – The Verdict!

Attempting to Pack Light – The 25 Litre Backpack Challenge

As I’m sure you’re aware I’m heading off to Thailand next month (well in just over week!), so once again kit lists have entered my frame of thought. What do I take, what do I leave, how shall I lug the eventual supplies around?! Well I’ve come to a few conclusions. First off I want …

Read More about Attempting to Pack Light – The 25 Litre Backpack Challenge

Work For Accommodation & Alternative Backpacker ‘Earning’

We’re all becoming more and more aware of the fact the whole world is going down the pan and the economy in Britain is pretty diar. So alot of people are heading abroad in the hope of making some dollar and escaping the suffocating mess our government has got us into. Yet it’s not just …

Read More about Work For Accommodation & Alternative Backpacker ‘Earning’

REVIEW; Groovy Grape “Desert Tracker”, Australia

When I first starting planning my trip to Australia, I didn’t really have much nailed down on what and where I wanted to go – apart from 3 things – I was landing in Melbourne, I’d be in Sydney for Christmas and NYE, and I wanted to see The Red Centre. Thankfully I met a …

Read More about REVIEW; Groovy Grape “Desert Tracker”, Australia