It’s nearly valentines day…and that means a few things…heaps of loved up people around the globe will be dinning in overpriced restaurants, buying tacky gifts by the truckload and generally making everyone around them feel a bit queezy.
But alas there is hope – I’ve been put on the judging panel (alongside the ever lovely Oceana from Barefoot Beach Blonde) of a competition by Fly Thomas Cook where we shall be creating all kinds of arguments and gossip in the blogging world by giving away a set of flights and accommodation to the Canary Islands!
Entering is easy as – you simply have to write a blog post pouring your heart out about which blogger personality you’d love to steal away to one of the island for a romantic getaway! Heaps of bonus points will be awarded for outright declarations of love that have been buried deep in amongst your darkest secrets, spontaneous proposals or just amusing anecdotes of how you’d love to tie them naked to a four poster bed and have your way with them!
There’s 3 other things you need to qualify;
– Hashtag said tweet with #FlyInLove so we can all see who you want to shack up with!
– Also (and all you bloggers out there will know there’s a SEO catch!) you need to include a link to the island of your choice…
flights to Tenerife – http://book.flythomascook.com/cheap-flights/to-Tenerife-Canary-Islands/
flights to Lanzarote – http://book.flythomascook.com/cheap-flights/to-Arrecife-Lanzarote-Spain/
flights to Fuerteventura – http://book.flythomascook.com/cheap-flights/to-FuerteVentura-Spain/
flights to Gran Canaria – http://book.flythomascook.com/cheap-flights/to-Gran-Canaria-Canary-Islands/
and BAM…if it makes me and Oceana sick, chuckle or just go “awwwwwww” you could be on your way to the islands of Sangria and sun…and there’s also some world class surf kicking around too if you’d rather go alone and hit the waves instead!
To get you started here’s what I would have entered with;
Sun, sea, sand and sangria…there’s only one thing missing from this heavenly mix bound to result in some holiday romance and naked bed sheet chaos.
And for me that one thing is the charmingly good wit of Will Peach.
This sexy man has been slowly seducing me with the stroke of his…erm….keyboard and outright flirtatious nature since I jumped in bed with his RSS feed.
When he isn’t busy trying to get his end away with every other blogger on the planet I know he only has eyes for me, his late night Facebook private messages told me so!
Stranded miles from the nearest mainland (which by a stoke of luck is Morocco where I’m based now!) I’d take him out for a lovely fish dish dinner, followed by a sunset stroll along the white beaches of Fuerteventura.
And of course I’d squeeze him into some skin tight neoprene during our stay – but strictly for surfing only….honest!
He’d slowly decide his love for Rob Schrader wasn’t meant to be, he’d update his Facebook status to “in a relationship” and we’d enjoy a wonderful, albeit short time as lovers, in our bubble.
…one can only dream!
Terms and Conditions
1) This competition is being run by Fly Thomas Cook (“Promoter”).
2) This competition (“Promotion”) is open to everyone excluding employees of the Promoter as well as their agents and families and anyone else associated with the administration of this Promotion.
3) Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
4) To take part in the Promotion, entrants must
a) write a blog post about Valentine’s Weekend;
b) include a hyperlink to the flights they wish to get in their post;
c) tweet the URL of their blog post to the judges @thetravelhack and @backpackerbanter with a hashtag #flyinlove
d) only one entry per househould allowed
5) The winner will be selected by travel blogger judges: Ocean BareFootBeachBlonde.com and Chris BackpackerBanter.com. All entries must be received by 11.59pm (UK time) 13th February 2013.
6) There will be only one prize (“Prize”), return flights for 7 nights to any of the Canary Islands from any UK airport chosen by the winner for a winner and a companion and accommodation, dates between 15th April and 15th May.
7) The winner will be contacted by the Promoter as soon as possible and in any event, no later than 20th February.
8) No cash alternative to the Prize will be offered. The Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
9) The Winner agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter without additional remuneration.
10) Entrants’ personal details will be stored securely and retained only as long as is necessary to complete the administration of this promotion.