My Top 5 Travel Regrets
The lovely Simon over at Man Versus World recently started a new blogging relay thingy which I’ve been following along for a couple of weeks now – and I personally think it’s one of the best ones yet, not only because it lets me get to know a few more bloggers but also because of the fact it serves as a great tool for everyone planning trips and helping them learn from our mistakes – this series is all about our biggest travel regrets.
Neil from Backpacks and Bunkbeds tagged me in and surprisingly it was quite easy to put together my list – guess sometimes I don’t listen to my own advice!haha!
So here’s my Top 5 Travel Regrets…
1) Booking an Australian WHV (and not doing my 2nd year) – For me this is easily my biggest regret and at first glance it might be hard to see why. Basically I wish I’d landed on just a tourist visa and had travelled on it for a few months first. I landed with a good chunk of cash in my pocket and didn’t work for like 5months – I would have been better off bouncing to Indo and applying, buying myself nearly an extra 6 months in Australia. I also wish I’d got round to doing the work for my 2nd year too…
3) Not Surfing for 5 Months – Although I really enjoyed my time in Asia and SCUBA diving so much I really wish I’d not spent so long out of the waves during this time. I landed in Morocco overweight and with my fitness out the window, so I’ve basically spent the last 4 weeks getting back into my surf regime….never again!
4) Not Taking More Pictures – I trained as a photographer at uni and I’ve visited so many amazing places, yet I’ve neglected my SLR camera quite a bit in my travels and my photo albums are more filled with party pics than travel shots! I need to kick myself into gear next year and get back on the photo missions! Still the Photo of the Week feature has been keeping me slightly in check!
5) Not Utilising My Blog Sooner – Although my blog is now ticking along nicely and helping to boost my travel funds I wish I’d got more seriously into it back in 2009 when I started it…clued myself up on SEO, analytics and monetized it quicker. If you’re heading out on your travels and you’re getting into blogging too I suggest going into it head on, that way you can reap the benefits sooner!
And to keep the ball rolling I’m tagging in some bloggers of my own;
- Oceana of Barefoot Beach Blonde
- Sam of Totally Sams World
- Will of The Gonzo Traveller
- Becki of Backpacker Becki
…do you guys have any travel regrets – if so what are they?