sta travel uk

Goodbye 2011 and Working at STA Travel!

It’s the last day of the year – where the hell has the time gone!?

2011 has been full of ups and downs – but overall the good has out weighed the bad! I’ve partied hard in Thailand, sipped mint tea in Morocco, survived the mud at Glastonbury and even qualified as a surf instructor and beach lifeguard…a productive year overall!

To be honest though I’ll be glad to put it behind me and start a new year on a clean slate – and 2012 is already promising to be heaps better already.

It’s going to be full of singleness, surfing, travels and party carnage spanning a whole heap of countries, and it all kicks off in 5 days time when I fly to Ecuador!

I’m still yet to announce my post South America plans – but rest assured that I’m uber stoked for it and I can guarantee that it’ll produce some tasty blog treats to keep you entertained and make you book a flight somewhere warm!

I’m excited, nervous and stressed in equal measure – but I couldn’t be happier to be jetting off to some warm water surf right now! I will actually be living my dream!

Goodbyes

But to do so I’m also having to leave my job at STA Travel in Exeter. Today’s my last shift here (I’m actually writing this at work!) and to be honest, I’m a little sad!

I’ve been here for just over a year and the Exeter crew are great, we’ve had many good times together and I class them more as friends than work colleagues. Big hugs to Will, Emma, Andy and Tony – I hope you don’t miss me too much and I’ll do my best to annoy you with heaps of stories!

They’re also full of travel knowledge and have promised to hook you guys up with some sick deals if you need any flights of trips booked up – drop them an email on exeter@statravel.co.uk – they’ll be happy to help out, just remember to say I sent you!

The whole of STA has been a pretty good experience for me actually – and everyone I’ve dealt with within the company has been awesome. Massive shout out to Sonja from the Bristol branch, Pete from Cardiff and Iveta from ticketing for putting up with all my questioning and general banter!

…if you’re looking for a job in travel I highly recommend it as an employer!

Happy New Year

So 2011 is coming to a close – and a night of drunken chaos awaits tonight with all my surf buddies and some lovely ladies in tow/

I wish all my readers an epic new year – wherever you are celebrating – and I hope 2012 is everything you hope it to be…but more importantly I hope you all hit the road and join the backpacker bubble – or at least have fun planning to!

Thanks for all your support this year, the journey is only just beginning…!

Take it easy

Chris