Work With Me

Welcome to the site and stoked to see you’re looking to work with Backpacker Banter – UK Travel Blog Of The Year Winner at the UK Blog Awards 2016!

Over the last 7 years I’ve collaborated with a variety of companies and tourism boards to help showcase destinations, promotions and products to our readership and we’d be more than happy to discuss your requirements.

Have a read through all the following info, download the media pack and get in touch!

Stats (November 2017)

  • Monthly unique visitors – 50,000+
  • Monthly page views – 155,000+
  • Facebook fans – 17,600+
  • Instagram followers – 33,600+ (@stokedfortravel) 4,000+ (@backpackerbanter)
  • Twitter followers – 7,800+
  • Klout Score – 62
  • Google Pagerank – 3

Readership has a target market of 18-35 travellers-  people who want to engage in the countries they visit with, experience new things and with a significant amount of disposable income.

Our readership is worldwide and a 60:40 Female:Male split with the main markets being UK, USA and Australia based. They use our site for travel information (both general and specific destinations), activity reviews, advice and stories from the backpacker community.

We also gain readership through guest posting on other travel sites, freelance writing for a variety of travel based publications, actively involving ourselves in social media and hosting guest bloggers on this site.

“Insane page. One of the best travel blogs I have come across” – LEAH

“Awesome blog!! I’m about to go to Singapore, Bali and East Coast Aus as my first solo travelling jaunt…. so excited!/nervous.. your blog is getting me psyched! thanks!” – SOPHIE

“Been reading your blog for a while now and wanted to say thank you! It has been a huge inspiration and guide for planning my future travels” – ALEX

Partnerships has worked with a variety of companies, tourism boards and suppliers – helping promote products, places and websites of interest to our traveller readership. These included;

  • Canon Europe
  • TomTom
  • 100% New Zealand
  • Tourism Philippines
  • Sri Lanka Tourism
  • Wonderful Indonesia
  • Cebu Pacific Airlines
  • Philippines Airlines
  • GoPro Cameras (official GoPro Family)
  • PADI (official AmbassaDiver)
  • My Switzerland
  • STA Travel UK
  • Money Supermarket
  • Cinnamon Hotels (Sri Lanka & Maldives)
  • Epic Gap Year
  • Nomads Backpackers
  • Khao Lak Scuba Adventures
  • LifeProof Cases
  • Peterpans Adventure Travel
  • Loka Travel
  • RTW Backpackers
  • Ticket To Ride Surf Adventures
  • Atoll Travel
  • YHA Australia
  • Kiwi Experience
  • Mad Monkey Hostels

“Social media response is notoriously is hard to quantify; so working with Chris we decided to offer a small discount to guests that came to us after reading his blog, to see if we could get an idea of the reach.  Initially we were not sure how effective this would be and put the discount in place for a limited 1 year period.  On review, we were pleasantly surprised to find that Chris’ blog had inspired a large number of people to come and join our tour, so now the discount will run indefinitely; it’s great to find the reach has not been for a finite period and 2 years on we still have many guests still quoting BackpackerBanter as their booking source!”

Helene Simpson – Encounter Kaikoura

Featured has been featured in a  variety of online and print media over the last few years too, including;

  • UK Blog Awards Winner 2016 – Travel Category
  • Canon Europe
  • National Geographic Traveller
  • South East Asia Backpacker Magazine
  • South America Backpacker Magazine
  • TNT Magazine, Australia
  • Drift Surf Magazine
  • The Washington Flyer
  • BBC News
  • STA Travel
  • (official FB and Instagram Feeds)
  • Maldives Tourism (official FB and Instagram Feeds)
  • Discount Flights Top 100 UK Bloggers
  • Washington Posts Top Bloggers

How Can We Collaborate?

Advertising & Rates offers a variety of advertising opportunities to mutually benefit both the site and it’s partners – we are also open to create content for your blogs, magazine and social media as well as acting as brand ambassadors to your products.

Social Media Advertising

I also offer social media promotion via my various channels including images and links, tagged to your accounts and utilising any campaign hashtags. Perfect as a way to boost exposure of your brand and drive new customers to your channels.

Press/FAM Trips

If you’re looking to work with an online influencer or blogger to promote & review your accommodation, tours, products or destination get in touch and I’d be happy to discuss your campaign and help put together a collaboration. I’ve worked closely with Sri Lanka Tourism, Philippines Tourism and 100% New Zealand as well as independent tour operators.

Sponsorships/Brand Ambassador Programme

If you’d like to get even more involved with Chris and the Backpacker Banter brand we also offer long term brand ambassador and sponsorship packages which cover all our social media channels advertising options and promotions. It’s the perfect way to integrate your brand into the Backpacker Banter travel community promote your products to a core fanbase within the adventure travel, surf and dive niche.

Photography & Videography

With a BA (Hons) in Documentary Photography Chris also offers bespoke photography an video packages – from on location product photography through to social media and marketing images.

Whether you want shots of your fleet of dive boats, images of your backpack in front of Angkor Wat temples, a full blown promotional video or just some extra images to promote your hostel or tours we can help you out!

We shoot with a variety of still and video kit to capture a wide variety of angles and approaches – including the DJI Mavic Drone, Theta S 360 Virtual Reality Camera, GoPro Hero 5, Canon 7D and DJI Osmo steadicam.

Check out the video below or the official Backpacker Banter YouTube Channel for some examples of our work.

If you want additional information or to enquire about specific pricing please use the contact form below.

**Please Note; We only work alongside people and companies who wish to promote products relating to travel, photography, technology and surfing/extreme sports as these are the main genres of our writing.**

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Message

Are You Real?!