COMPETITION – Win Some Accommodation!
This week I hit two of my personal blog milestones. Firstly was getting 100 “likes” on the Facebook page (not many I know but I’ve only really just got into posting things on there!) and second was hitting over 1000 followers on my twitter feed.
I’m pretty stoked with both and as promised I’m doing a giveaway to celebrate it. It’s not a sponsored giveaway – all out of my own pocket simply because you’ve all been awesome to me and I’m just nice like that!
So I’m offering up 3 nights accommodation to one lucky winner to help out on their RTW trip – because every loves free stuff when they’re travelling.
And where is this accommodation?! Well I thought I wouldn’t limit it to a single place – I’m giving you a choice of my 5 favourite hostels…
1) Aquarius Hostel, Byron Bay – Australia – possibly my favourite hostel by default I worked at this amazing place for 4 months during my time in Oz. It comes with a pool, bar, cafe, awesome roof terrace and a quick stroll from some of the best surf breaks in Oz. [check out my review]
2) Wakeup Hostel, Sydney – Australia – I spent xmas and new year down under here. It’s a beautiful place to rest your head in the centre of Sydney with the infamous ‘Sidebar’ below it! [check out my review]
3) Gilligans Hostel, Cairns – Australia – this isn’t a hostel…it’s basically a hotel for backpackers. 2000 person capacity club, pool, ensuites and even a zipline – there’s no where else I’d rather stay to soak up the carnage of Cairns! [check out my review]
4) HQ Hostel, Bangkok – Thailand – away from the mayhem of Koh San Road HQ is a lush place to chill and explore Bangkok. The staff are super friendly and the beds are super comfy! [check out my review]
5) Koh Tao Backpackers, Koh Tao – Thailand – just back from one of the picturesque Thai beaches, KTB offers a lush pool, restaurant and is also partnered with Davey Jones Locker Dive School. It’s a great base for exploring my favourite Thai island. [check out my review]
So what do you need to do to enter?! Well first off you need to “like” my Facebook page and follow my twitter account (@bckpackerbanter) if you haven’t already done so. Then all you need to do is comment on this post answering the following question;
“I travel because…”
It’s that simple!
…and make sure you retweet the post and share it with your buddies…that way I can justify giving away some more stuff soon!
And now for the small print;
The winner will be picked from all entries on 15th March 2012. All accommodation will be on a shared dorm basis and subject to availability (i.e. it won’t be useable during key events such as xmas, new year, festivals etc…!). There is no cash alternative. I retain the right to withdraw this competition/change the rules/change the accommodation options/generally do what I want with this whole thing at any time! Winner will be chosen by me and a panel of backpackers and our decision is final. Prize is non transferable and must be used by the 31st December 2012.