News

florence italy top to dos euro euro trip short break

5 Must Dos On Your Next Trip To Florence

When it comes to a quick break in Europe from the UK or a longer stint from further abroad you can’t go wrong with a good Italian vacation! With rich history, even richer wine and a good dose of...

backpacker budget blog advice travel

Top Tips To Managing Your Budget On The Road

As much as I hate to admit it money is a huge factor in travelling and keeping track of your budget and handling your money well is an important part of backpacking – whether you’re hitting the...

backpacker budget blog advice travel

How To Save Money On Your Travels

As a long term traveller I’ve come to the realisation that making money is important – but SAVING money is equally so. So how do you save some dollar before and during your trip?   The...

flight home uk

Surprise – I’m Back In The UK!

Yup you read the title correctly – I’m back in the UK. The cold, rainy and slightly depressing UK after over 600 days on the road. But why I here you ask? I thought you were in Asia still...

And The Winner Is…

And The Winner Is…

After much deliberation over the winner of the Canary Island holiday comp me and Oceana from Barefoot Beach Blonde have decided on a winner. We received a variety of entries – from the amusing...

Who Wants To Win A Holiday?!

It’s nearly valentines day…and that means a few things…heaps of loved up people around the globe will be dinning in overpriced restaurants, buying tacky gifts by the truckload and...

bartering backpacker traveler asia bargain

Tips to Get Your Barter On; Haggling Abroad

Everyone loves a bargain, especially when it comes to travel; whether it’s a last minute steal of a flight, a $1 bed in a hostel or even the cheapest deal on travel insurance – and once...

sta travel uk

Goodbye 2011 and Working at STA Travel!

It’s the last day of the year – where the hell has the time gone!? 2011 has been full of ups and downs – but overall the good has out weighed the bad! I’ve partied hard in Thailand, sipped mint tea...

Merry Xmas Everyone!

Merry Xmas Everyone!

I guess it’s time for the obligatory merry xmas blog post!hahaha! Seriously guys 2011 has been a pretty all over the place year, but it’s been epic overall and has set me up for an amazing 2012! I...