General Banter

travel romance relationships

The True Cost Of Travelling

Throughout my travels I’ve been pretty open to sharing details of my travel budget in my “Monthly Summaries” and “A Month In…” series to help you guys plan you’re own backpacker adventures around the...

chris stevens backpacker banter travel blogger

A Brief History Of My Personal Travels

A lot of your guys have been following my backpacking adventures for a while now and I’m guessing you have a good idea what makes me tick these days and what to expect from my travels. But how did I...

backpacker banter travel blog chris stevens-1

Backpacker Banter Turns 3!

3 years ago this month I was sat in my living room in Devon, England and hit “publish” on my rebranded, newly revamped blog. Yup that’s right BackpackerBanter.com is now 3 years old! When the site...

backpacker fails travel

Backpacker Fails – Meet Aurelie!

Every so often on the road I meet someone who really stands out from the crowd – for a variety of reasons. Some of them are just amazingly nice people, some I share some epic adventures with...

long term backpacker travel

Do I Ever Get Sick Of Travelling?

When people find out I’ve been backpacking for over 2 years there’s two questions I usually get asked; The first is “when are you going home” – which is a question that even I don’t know the...

long term backpacker travel

Celebrating 2 Years Of Backpacker Travel

When I headed out on my first long term, solo backpacking adventure to Australia back in 2009 I had no idea what was ahead of me, very little in the way of plans and no clue what would pan out. After...