General Banter

chris stevens backpacker banter travel blogger

A Brief History Of My Personal Travels

ME! A lot of your guys have been following my backpacking adventures for a while now and I’m guessing you have a good idea what makes me tick thes...
backpacker banter travel blog chris stevens-1

Backpacker Banter Turns 3!

3 years ago this month I was sat in my living room in Devon, England and hit “publish” on my rebranded, newly revamped blog. Yup that’s right Backp...
backpacker fails travel

Backpacker Fails – Meet Aurelie!

Every so often on the road I meet someone who really stands out from the crowd - for a variety of reasons. Some of them are just amazingly nice peopl...
long term backpacker travel

Do I Ever Get Sick Of Travelling?

When people find out I’ve been backpacking for over 2 years there’s two questions I usually get asked; The first is “when are you going home” - whi...
backpacker budget cash australia month travel gap year

GIVEAWAY – Win A $250 Travel Voucher!

Well guys my new year has been off to an awesome start here in Montanita and I'm settling into my third year of backpacker travel nicely - with some e...
long term backpacker travel

Celebrating 2 Years Of Backpacker Travel

Fresh Faced And Ready To Embrace The Unkown... When I headed out on my first long term, solo backpacking adventure to Australia back in 2009 I had...

Kicking Off 2014…Hello South America!

With all the xmas festivities out the way and fresh off the slopes of the Swiss Alps I’m craving 2 things - sun and surf. Luckily on Sunday I’ll be...
dive great barrier reef australia cairns

My SCUBA Diving Bucket List

Although I'm primarily a backpacking surfer I've found myself doing a lot of scuba diving in the last year or so. Perhaps it's a way to keep close to ...