skydive bucket list australia travel backpacker

A Travel Bucket List…If You’re An 11 Year Old Backpacker!

2012 was a pretty solid year for me travel wise and it resulted in me making some serious progress on my bucket list – both adding too and ticking things off!

During my time in Switzerland I was invited to give a talk at a local school for their English lesson, talking about my life, my travels and showing off some pictures to a class of 10-12 year olds.

As part of this talk my bucket list was one of the main points I chatted about and that the kids asked questions on, so I decided to set them some homework – to start creating their own bucket lists and set some goals for their lives and travel plans!

Their teacher was kind enough to forward on the results to me so I thought I’d share them with you guys…I was pretty stoked with the variety and aims of these kids, in fact they’ve even made me add a few extras to my own list!

So here’s a Bucket List – If You’re An 11 Year Old Backpacker!

  • Do a canyon swing
  • Bungee Jump
  • Ride a loop the loop rollercoaster
  • Go paragliding
  • Travel around California
  • backpacker travel bucket list
    My Bucket List Homework Sheet!

    SCUBA dive

  • Explore Mauritius and the Seychelles
  • See the Big Apple
  • Backpack in Australia
  • Visit a tropical jungle
  • Write and publish a book
  • Invent something
  • Be 130 years old
  • Sail in a submarine
  • Go to Russia
  • Learn a new language
  • Visit Santa in Lapland
  • Trek in Siberia
  • Buy a villa
  • Learn Spanish
  • Learn to surf
  • Visit Hollywood
  • Have $20,000,000
  • Sing a song on stage
  • Go to Moscow
  • Abolish nuclear power
  • Watch a Barcelona soccer game in real life
  • Collect coins from 20 different countries
  • Get some autographs
  • Hold a golden coin
  • Explore Argentina
  • Do a RTW trip and visit both poles
  • Go to Disneyland, Florida
  • Take in the view from the Eiffel Tower
  • Spend time in London and the UK
  • Shop in Milan
  • Ride a horse on the beach
  • Explore France
  • Do a husky tour in Canada

I was pretty impressed with the diversity of their answers and also how high some of them were aiming! I mean abolish nuclear power?! That’s an awesome goal!

Travel wise I think my favourite were visiting both poles (also on my bucket list), collecting coins from 20 countries, sail in a submarine and the husky tour!

It’s amazing how clued up these kids are and that even as young as they are they’re keen to explore the world – good to see there’s a new generation of backpackers in the works!

Have these kids inspired you to add anything new to your bucket lists? What are your favourites?

Leave a reply

8 comments