tbex travel blog conference

Hungover But Inspired At TBEX!
Photo by The Travel Tester

The TBEX event I hit up in Dublin last month gave me a few things to think about and implement – one of the major things I took away from it all was that the best way to find out what I should and shouldn’t be doing with Backpacker Banter was to simply ask.

At the end of the day I write all this stuff for you guys – my readers – without you I’d simply be chatting to myself in the vast space of the internet and it would all be rather pointless!

And who knows more about what you do (and don’t) want to see and read about than you lot?!

On the back of that thought I’ve put together a short reader survey asking you some quick questions about your experience with the site, what you enjoy, what you don’t and what you’d like to see me do with my adventures.

It’s dead quick to fill out and once all the results are in I’ll start implementing some changes to steer Backpacker Banter to bigger, more awesome things! It doesn’t matter whether you’ve been reading for ages or have only just discovered the site, I’d love to hear from you!

As a backpacker myself I know people like free stuff and time is valuable – so to sweeten the deal and maybe encourage a few more of you to actually take the survey I’m giving away not one, not two but THREE prizes to 3 lucky people who fill it out!

The Alchemist

the alchemist travel book

I Never Thought One Book Could Change So Much…

I’ve touched on it briefly in previous posts but the book “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho is easily the most influential book I’ve ever read.

In fact it’s pretty much single handedly the driving force for me beginning my backpacking adventure and creating Backpacker Banter into what it is today.

Within 3 weeks of reading it I’d finished a relationship, found my dream job (surf coaching in Ecuador), quit my current job and booked flights!

That was nearly 2 years ago and I’m still living the dream, enjoying life and using the lessons learnt in those pages everyday. It made me re evaluate my life, prioritise everything and have the balls to chase what I really wanted to do.

It really did change my life.

So out of everyone that fills in my reader survey I will randomly pick 3 to receive a copy of the book. If you do win I encourage you to read it, take a chance and do what it inspires you to do…then pass it onto someone who you feel needs it.

And if you don’t win? Well I totally encourage you to go buy it anyway!

There’s a heap of inspiring stuff in there – check out  Mon from The Travel Hacks’ top Alchemist quotes for a sneaky peak…

Go Go Go!

All you need to do to enter is “like” the Backpacker Banter Facebook Fanpage and fill out the survey.

Simple!

So here’s the link – I promise it won’t take long to fill it out – and thanks in advance.

**Click For The 2013 Reader Survey**

Like I said the sites for you guys, so be honest (even if it is brutal!) and if there’s anything else you’d like to add go for it!

I look forward to seeing your answers and implementing any of the changes that result.

Have an epic week!

Chris

The Alchemist giveaway close on Nov 5th 2013 – however you can fill in the reader survey anytime up until the end of 2013.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CommentLuv badge